Monday 9 May 2011

Biannual write up. Rjurik Davidson

Ok folks, if you haven't noticed I have yet to post another article on this blog. I do apologise, I have been completely swamped by study, and video games.
A few weeks back I interviewed Rjurik Davidson for my 'Writing for Online Media' class, I worked with him for a couple of days while on placement last year at Overland. I caught up with him again, along with Sophie, and we spoke about his new book coming out in 2012 'Unwrapped Sky' and the challenges of being a Science Fiction writer in Australia.

Rjurik started out, as most writers do, as a writer of short stories. His works like 'The Interminable Suffering of Mr. Wu' and 'The Passing of the Minotaurs' garnered him critical fame, leading to his first book being published,  'The Library of Forgotten Booka series of short stories set in a number of worlds that exist inside Rjurik's head.
His first novel is based on the world of Caeli-Amur and it has been revealed that at least one of the characters is from 'The Passing of the Minotaurs'.
You can find the full interview here (note it is still being worked on so it wont be up for a while.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home